Monday 1 September 2014

I Think You're Awesome

Today I made a card to enter this month's MFT color palette challenge
I'm entering it into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge too.


I have to admit, if it weren't for this challenge I would never have thought to use these colours together on a card, in fact I don't like them together, they seem to clash and jar eachother but I just love challenges that are truly challenging! It was so good to get out of my comfort zone and really use all my creativity to make it work. And I ended up with a card I was really pleased with!


I don't have any MFT cardstock or inks so I substituted for Papertrey supplies and created some tone on tone stamped die cuts.


Although I'd decided I wanted to keep this as more of a masculine card, I wanted to add a little something to finish it off, so opted to embellish with matte sequins and puffy paint on a few of the orange stars and of course I had to include some of my favourite kraft coloured jute string!


Supplies used:
 Cardstock - orange zest, simply chartreuse, enchanted evening and stamper's select white all from Papertrey, Kraft from stash.
Patterned Paper - Pink Paislee 'Solstice' pad
Chevron Stencil - MFT 'On the diagonal'
Stamps - MFT 'Simply fabulous saying' and 'More washi patterns'
Dies - MFT - 'Blueprints 13'
Sequins - Doodlebug
Jute String - Tim Holtz
3D paint - Scribbles 'Shiny bright orange'

Thanks so much for stopping by today, please leave a comment so I know you've visited!

Katy xx

1 comment:

  1. Great use of that colour palette - fabulous card.
    Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn

    ReplyDelete